I have finally started building Morgan again, and this time opted for Mini Morgan. It will be a fully functional 3D printer with a build volume similar to that of a Reprap Prusa Mendel.
- I want Morgan (Full) to be printable on Mendel in order to comply with the RepRap philosophy. I would love for somebody printing Morgan on a Mendel that was built from parts printed on a Darwin 😉
- The smaller model will make the many changes that lies ahead more affordable
- It has a better chance of fitting on my desk
Morgan Mini will now have the following features:
- Fully enclosed build area
- Separate internal electronics enclosure
- heated build platform / build environment
- Single tool-head (FDM)
- Footprint of Approximately 300 x 450 x 300mm
- x-y system will be an articulated arm
- z will be Ultimaker / Replicator style Build platform.
- RAMPS with a twist (TBA) as electronics platform
- All “vitamins” will be easily obtainable and non exotic materials
At release time, Morgan builders in South-Africa should be able to be up and printing in a week from starting. A list of reliable suppliers will be included, and bespoke components will be available here.
My aim is to have Morgan (Full) running by November 2012.