knarfishness

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #1112
    knarfishness
    Participant

    < 6:00:37 PM: FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:https://www.morgan3dp.com PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Morgan EXTRUDER_COUNT:1

    That’s my splash message. Trying again today, M360 is once again working. Just had to hit the reset button on the PrintrBoard.

    I’ll let you know how calibration goes.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #893
    knarfishness
    Participant

    I’ll be verifying this afternoon that the branch that I’m on is correct, as well as resetting the board if I’ve got to. Even though the calibration looked close last time, my dry-run print was still trying to print itself on top of the top wooden frame, and not the bed.

    Once everything is working properly, I’ll need to more permanently secure my belts to the drivewheels, and then it’s print time!

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #872
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Yeah, the homing works fine, it’s just the second time I went to run this calibration, it doesn’t respond to M360/1/2.

    It’s reporting fine via the console as well, as the SCARA version of Marlin.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #861
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Hrmm, just started messing with Morgan calibration again, and my board isn’t responding to M360, M361, M362. G28 to home still works fine. Any idea what’s up?

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #843
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Working my way through the flowchart, but I haven’t had too much time lately. I’ll let you know how it goes when I get done.

    Thanks again.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #801
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Hooray for Friday free-time, I now have a build log, with pics!

    http://dieselpoweredrobotics.com/?page_id=184

    I’ll link this from the first post as well, so people see it. Hopefully after calibration I can get the finishing shots.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #799
    knarfishness
    Participant

    I snagged my hall effect sensors on Amazon for a pretty decent price:

    They work well with those tiny ‘thumbtack’ fridge magnets.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #789
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Alrighty, more updates!

    After discovering that I had X and Y reversed (*facepalm*), I’ve got homing working with my shiny new hall effect sensors. Way cooler than mechanical endstops.

    I tried a few dry runs earlier, but it seems like it’s still trying to print right on top of the shaft, so I think that some offset adjustment is in my future.

    -F

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #720
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Perfect, gotta love youtube.

    I’ll have to hunt around for a few hall effect sensors this weekend in order to replace the mechanical ones that I currently have. Still not sure why the mechanical ones would act differently, but that’s a mystery for later.

    What I’m curious about now is that the bed homes to the bottom and not the top. I’m still using the threaded rod setup for Z and not the leadscrew, and it seems to me like it would take quite a while for it to come all the way up to start a print.

    Thanks again.

    -Frank

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #717
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Looks like it’s still marked as private. Thanks for taking the time to video it!

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #714
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Aah, I’ve never used the magnetic endstop setup before, I’ll have to look into that. There isn’t a firmware setting in marlin that specifies different homing patterns for mechanical and hall endstops, is there?

    Looking forward to more videos.

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #712
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Aah, gotcha. Sticking with my split pieces for now, as the frame is already together, but if I do a teardown after first tests I’ll get them replaced.

    I took a look at the endstop placement picture you sent me as well. I see the placement (but no endstops?) in the pic, and I have my mechanical endstops attached there.

    A few questions moving forward:

    1. What on the wheel triggers the endstop? My best idea was to use thumbtacks/nails pushed into the wheels to push up against it.

    2. Where is the home location supposed to be (in relation to the print bed)?

    3. Home-X and Home-Y seem to operate both motors simultaneously, a feature of the SCARA firmware I’m assuming. However, it seems that once homed, the already homed wheel will start to turn _again_ blowing past the endstop and causing it to go a bit crazy. Is one always supposed to home before the other?

    Thanks a ton for the assistance, I can’t wait to get printing with this thing. 🙂

    -Frank

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #693
    knarfishness
    Participant

    Well, I’ve got the first powered movements done. (Almost wrecked it ><)

    Anywho, I’m at the point where I need to mount endstops, but I can’t see clearly in the videos you have up where you have them placed. Any tips?

    Thanks!

    -Frank

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/co78cj83rcp5lw5/20130723_181902.jpg

    in reply to: Virtual build #654
    knarfishness
    Participant

    I would love to see somebody put together something like this for the Morgan, should be easier seeing as the part count is lower:

    http://www.carlos-sanchez.com/Prusa3/

    in reply to: Morgan Build, Ann Arbor MI (US) #653
    knarfishness
    Participant

    After some checking, it seems that the version of the 8mm top/bottom z brackets came out too short. They can’t be the 12’s, just judging by the holes. That being said, if you’ve got a level, those pieces work just as well as 3 separate parts.

    Little more progress this week (it’s been busy), but the drive system is in place and ready to be belted up. Time to start messing with Marlin and the PrintrBoard.

    [video src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8cz9m2ivkvuq87/2013-07-18_22%3A54%3A057.mp4" /]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Help-Desk