Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jack
ParticipantDang, I was so sure I had that one.
A4988 CoolSteps
2B 1B
2A 2B
1A 1A
1B 2AI was thinking swapping 1 and 4 would give me
2A
2B
1A
1BWhere it would really give me:
1B
2A
1A
2BWhere swapping 1 and 2 would give me:
2A
2B
1A
1BThanks again =]
Jack
ParticipantThanks for the warning! It looks like I should swap the outer two pins once the new drivers arrive. Hopefully I will be able to melt some plastic on Monday!!
Jack
ParticipantTo save money I think I am going to order 2 more A4988’s and run the Morgan in lower resolution while I wait for the CoolSteps to arrive in the mail instead of paying for DHL shipping (R360). I can then reuse the pulled drivers in my future Lilian. I think I like this plan. =]
Jack
ParticipantI am really really *really* pleased with how my first Morgan is turning out. To help with the cost I have been buying the parts for the next section once I finished the current section. Progress has been slow because of that but I am happy with the result so far.
I actually said “I don’t want to do this” right before I plugged it in for the first time. I was really nervous that I was about to let the magic smoke out. Seeing the Z and extruder motors moving was a wonderful moment. =]
I emailed Blackbox Industries just a few minutes ago. Someone else asked them if they would ship to France and they said they would ship anywhere via DHL. Hopefully I can get a set from either you or them =] I plan to buy 4 so I will be ready for Lilian.
So close!!
Jack
ParticipantWell, I think I overheated the DRV8824’s. Neither do a thing. Both have voltage out of the top of the tuning pots but no motor movement. Both A4988’s move their motors just fine and will move the X and Y as well given the chance. So the good news is that everything passed the smoke test and my Morgan moved for the first time! Yay! The bad news is I guess I will be waiting on new drivers before I can do anything.
More photos:
RAMPS https://www.dropbox.com/s/c14bu18zcao7ph7/2014-04-10%2002.50.24.jpg
Morgan with wires https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsgguumfgpt7z2g/2014-04-10%2013.45.19.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb3oi8ova1yzqep/2014-04-10%2013.45.26.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlld8cpe3hchhrk/2014-04-10%2013.45.31.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1e4sts67xdb0l4/2014-04-10%2013.45.57.jpg
First smoke test https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1c3cu7qqp5ts3v/2014-04-10%2023.06.55.jpg
Second smoke test https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzlz79z4e6w7ast/2014-04-10%2023.48.05.jpgSo very little left to do but still not printing.
Since the drivers are outputting power is there anything I can do to test them or are they a lost cause?
Jack
ParticipantI know this post is months old but I wanted you to know that I referenced your photos many times while doing research and actually building my Morgan (not that it is finished yet).
Jack
ParticipantI think that is what his printer is. I have a photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp9u2glu255c1ji/2012-12-05%2017.31.41.jpg
In regards to the colorful parts I really want to email the guy I bought them from and ask him about it. He said he bought the parts and decided to go with a different printer. I am really curious who it was that printed these parts. The white feet are actually glow in the dark! It is a lot of fun. It also sets the bar for my future Lilian.Jack
ParticipantI bought 4 of these:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10846Jack
ParticipantI had clicked the link button. Just the link? I will give it a try!
http://richrap.blogspot.com/2012/08/3-way-quick-fit-extruder-and-colour.html
Jack
ParticipantI don’t think I have posted enough times to be able to post links. At least I can’t see the link from the first post. If you google the subject line ‘Three extruders and one nozzle’ you should see a blogspot page for richrap that has photos of their setup. I was trying to refer to that directly and not the concept in general. Their final output did not look that bad. Theirs was manually actuated – just a test setup but the concept seemed to work to some extent.
Jack
ParticipantThanks so much!!
Jack
ParticipantThank you for posting this. I won the auction for $20.50 + $8.62 s/h. The tool-head is PLA but I bet I can get that printed in ABS somewhere.
Jack
ParticipantThank you so much!
Jack
ParticipantNot to hijack this thread but I am in the same position. I am in the US and would love to get the plastic parts from you if there is any way to do so. I sent an email in December when you were really busy. I don’t want to invest too much money until I have the plastic parts but I have already purchased the Alpen drill bit.
-
AuthorPosts

