Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
ryanaltair
Participantmore!
lately I will take some thing to print,and take some snapshot,too.
If there is anything that it shows unclear,just let me know.
And this is a really great job!
Hoping be your honest friend!Ryan
ryanaltair
ParticipantThanks!
It’s a puzzle to share the pic on flickr, hope this link can reach my snapshot!and there is some pic form that link.
ryanaltair
ParticipantHere is a snapshot
ryanaltair
ParticipantShe prints,the Morgan in Asia prints!!
Even this Morgan is not a original Morgan,sorry that I have to go to school before Aug.29, and my Mendel can’t print something big like the drivewheel. Without other choice, sorry that I have to make some change,after all ,it prints! And I sure, SCARA Morgan deserves the name,Hunt Morgan.it’s the best Reprap machine I ever seen!
Thanks everyone in this builders forum,especially Mr.Quentin. Without your help I can’t make it to this step!
If there is anything I can help,I am on my way to be a volunteer.
Thanks again!Ryan
beautiful moring of Aug.26ryanaltair
ParticipantGood afternoon,everyone and Mr.qharley (eh here’s afternoon)
I am getting into trouble again.
Before the Z calibration,I take a test print,a 2mm cube.But it seems bad.The cube is not a real cube,but a diamond like cube. And for the problem of Z, because I use 5mm threaded rod, like mendel, I find that the default configuration is not too slow(M92 Z100),then I change via M92 E4000. But meantime I found that while the bed moves at F7800,it beeps aloud! So I am going to have the M92 Z100 back.
My question is what will morgan do when homing z axis.and why the default setting is not M92 Z4000 (or Z2560 for 8mm threaded rod )M92 Z100, becasue of current Morgan use (this SDS drill bit lead screw experiment),or there is more reason?
Thanks!
Ryanryanaltair
ParticipantI am afraid that last link will be disable soon,
This is a forever short link to thatryanaltair
ParticipantHi,Mr.Q
here is some thing I do.
I change it from “Psi90 M363” to “Theta-Psi M364 ”
Bad news is ….it won’t be a PDF file,but a PNG file.
I am sorry that there not any PDF editor in my PC.
Hope this can help a little.
Thank you for your hard working!Here is the link.
ryanaltair
ParticipantHello Mr.Q
Finally my calibration has done,thanks to the helpful pic at #1039.But there’s a little bug I found(if it’s not a bug,forget it please),in the the Cal-flowchart1.
- https://www.morgan3dp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Morgan-Cal-flowchart1.pdf
Detail:
the last step of calibration, psi 90 M363 ,in my opinion, it should be M364, that really can make it to the result Psi arm 90 at elbow,like the pic you show me at #1039.Thank you.
Ryan
ryanaltair
ParticipantBig thanks!!
That’s really help!
I will show some image of my progress.
Thanks again!!ryanaltair
ParticipantHere is the image link,
ryanaltair
ParticipantHi Mr.Q(really cool name,lol)
the last problem is Fixed after i burn the armlevel again.Cheers!(I also change the Z homing feedrate,too,20*60 is too high for me,I change it into 1*60, lately I want to try 5*60)And:
I am here for asking again.
That is:
what does the theta 0 command(M360) means,and M361 too,
I draw a little pic to make my questions clearly,
just tell me which mode is right,A or B?
And is this means Theta arm parallel to the platfrom?Thank you !!
Ryan
ryanaltair
ParticipantAfter a long time of building , I meet another puzzle.
That is , when I open Printrun ,then i send G28
the machine is working(at least I can see the motors are working)
but then when I press the X+ button ,then strangely ,not only the arm moves,but the motor that control Z axis working together, so is this Okay?Or that’s because I do something wrong?The board I using is Ramps 1.4, firmware is armlevel
(recently i have a quick look at armlevel, and try to figure out how the brilliant Morgan works, but the firmware is so big, T.T , )One more thing , there is a thought in my head. Why should we calculate a little translate program, translate the Mendel style G-code into a SCARA Morgan G-code, and I am really working on something like this .Detail here:
1.get the Cartesian G-code like G1 X30 Y40 Z20
2.change the Cartesian coordinates(x,y) into polar coordinate(r,\theta) ,output something like this G1 R50 T36.869 Z20
3.change it into a Morgan style Gcode G1 A32 B42 Z20 (this num are wrong,I just want to give some example )
4.change A B into X Y,that is something like G1 X32 B42 Z20 ,that all sprinter or marlin can understand what to doThanks for reading it all,lately I would try to build a little program like this,LOL (the Feedrate is big problem,but I’d like to have a try)
ryanaltair
ParticipantThank you,Mr.Q.
Follow your suggestion, now the Arm move in a good speed!Congratulate me,LOL!But in fact now i am going insane with another question ,about where the zero point is,(the X0 y0 point),is it closed to the shaft of SCARA arm or just far away,eh,Please see my little pic, which point is the Zero Position(X0 Y0), A ,B, C, D, or other position?
here is the pic
ryanaltair
Participanteh,forgive me, it seems like that pic is failed to show. here is the link
ryanaltair
Participantadding some photo
that’s a real hand-made work,so don’t laugh at me.
Thanks. -
AuthorPosts

