angrychisel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Great Design Thank You #993
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Hahah thanks for all the help Quentin!! Finally got it. I had the X and Y motors flipped. Kinda what I thought. But in my rush before work to flip them I put my limit switch headers on the wrong posts and tore everything up (no wonder you went with hall sensors instead of hard switches). I rushed home at lunch got it all set back up and got it calibrated. I’m still waiting on parts for the hot end so I won’t have video of it printing until that shows up. I will however try and get video of the homing procedure. Your tip to watch the arms verified that they were flipped.

    Thanks again for all the help!!

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #987
    angrychisel
    Participant

    It moved about 10 deg too far, by my eye. I didn’t try and throw a protractor on there to measure the angle. I’ll try adjusting the M92. AAAAhhhhhh I see what you are saying. I’m having to make too large of an adjustment for it to work with the Y adjustment. I’ll try that tonight when I get home. I noticed when I tried to adjust with Y it moved it a little but the theta arm was so far back it couldn’t adjust enough to get the arm parallel. When I get this figured out I’ll try and make a video of all the things that went wrong for me.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #985
    angrychisel
    Participant

    HAHAHAH – Never try to make changes to your 3d printer 10 minutes before you have to go to work. I ended up ripping my endstops off. Never hurry when you are making configuration changes hehe.

    I’ll double check everything again when I get home. I was pretty sure I had everything correct (stepper on right axes). The thing that made me double guess myself was that after I give it the M360 I had to use the X jog to get the theta arm in the correct position for parallel instead of the Y jog like it says in the calibration flow chart. Should I be using the Y jog to bring the theta arm to parallel? If so then I did have X and Y reversed.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #982
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Well it’s definitely not your fault. This is my first 3d printer build and I should have finished my mendelmax2 first before I got into this. But we had so much interest in this design that I decided to just pursue this first. So I’m sure your instructions are clear enough, I just don’t know what I’m doing.
    And it looks like it’s taking the input from what i can tell. I may have my steppers reversed I think.

    >>>m114
    SENDING:M114
    X:141.00Y:64.90Z:205.00E:0.00
    SCARA Theta:9.49 Psi+Theta:135.48
    SCARA Cal – Theta:9.49 Psi+Theta (90):35.99
    SCARA step Cal – Theta:11.28 Psi+Theta:149.79
    >>>M206 X9.49
    SENDING:M206 X9.49
    >>>M503
    SENDING:M503
    echo:Steps per unit:
    echo: M92 X107.00 Y107.00 Z1280.00 E450.00
    echo:Scaling factors:
    echo: M365 X1.00 Y1.00 Z1.00
    echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
    echo: M203 X300.00 Y300.00 Z30.00 E45.00
    echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
    echo: M201 X500 Y500 Z5 E10000
    echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
    echo: M204 S300.00 T300.00
    echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum xY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s)
    echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X20.00 Z20.00 E5.00
    echo:Home offset (mm):
    echo: M206 X9.49 Y0.00 Z0.00
    echo:PID settings:
    echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #956
    angrychisel
    Participant

    ok so i’m an idiot and forgot to issue a M92X107Y107 so it was on the default 215 and was going past. But now my issue is i move the theta arm to a parallel position and enter M206 and the X adjustment then a G28 and another M360 and it goes right back to the same spot. Do I need to issue any other M or G codes to get it to take the M206?

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #955
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Ok I’ve made some headway, I think hehe. But when it homes out now and I give it M360 it moves the theta arm but it keeps trying to go around. I’m not sure what i’ve set wrong maybe you can give me some pointers. I’ve attached a video to show you what it’s doing.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #954
    angrychisel
    Participant

    I’ve uploaded your latest changes and now when I home it and give it the M360 it moves up in Z but it seems to ignore all DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE and DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION that I have set. I’m assuming it’s attempting to move to Z0. before it begins the theta arm calibration? Unfortunately i can’t get to Z0. without my stepper lockin up because of the feedrate or accleration. Not sure which one it is. Where does the M360 get it’s feedrate or accel from?

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #951
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Yeah I’m not getting anymore errors about the heat. And yes after I home it, it will let me home it again. I can move the Z axis around but that’s it. I’m unable to move in X or Y.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #948
    angrychisel
    Participant

    I’ll have to check again in pronterface to see but I took pics of the lcd interface.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/92444pgdscor020/2013-08-18%2016.49.44.jpg

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #941
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Ok I’m a little confused about the 3 resistors. I put 2 resistors in, 1 for the hot bed and 1 for the hot end thermistor. What is the 3rd one for? And what do I need to adjust with the long nose pliers? Even after I put the 2 resistors in there I’m getting the same thing where it homes out but M360 does nothing. I can’t adjust in X or Y to calibrate the arms.

    Lee

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #937
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Thanks Quentin,

    I’ll give that a go. And thanks for all the help by the way.

    Lee

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #935
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Yeah it’s homing great. Everything is going incredible actually. I really like the design, I can’t say that enough. It’s simple, it’s stable and it’s cheap. But I really can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong with calibration or what I’ve set up wrong. It homes out and won’t move anywhere after that when I issue the M360. I’ve got a video of the machine and the pronterface gui working together so you can see what i have going on.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #928
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Hey Quentin,

    I’m sure it’s my fault. I think I have another error I need to clear out. I think I may need to bypass the temp sensors since I don’t have any of that hooked up yet. Still waiting on parts.

    Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    X:-18.95Y:40.75Z:205.00E:0.00
    SCARA Theta:80.40 Psi+Theta:213.55
    SCARA Cal – Theta:80.40 Psi+Theta (90):60.38
    SCARA step Cal – Theta:95.59 Psi+Theta:158.30
    Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    X:-18.95Y:40.75Z:205.00E:0.00
    SCARA Theta:80.40 Psi+Theta:213.55
    SCARA Cal – Theta:80.40 Psi+Theta (90):60.38
    SCARA step Cal – Theta:95.59 Psi+Theta:158.30

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #926
    angrychisel
    Participant

    this is my return from M119

    >>>m119
    SENDING:M119
    Reporting endstop status
    x_min: open
    x_max: TRIGGERED
    y_min: open
    y_max: TRIGGERED
    z_min: open
    z_max: TRIGGERED

    after I home all axes I issue a M360 correct? Then manually move the theta arm until it is parallel with the front of the top base plate, correct? Well I guess that’s not even possible since I can’t get it to move in any direction after I home it.

    in reply to: Great Design Thank You #922
    angrychisel
    Participant

    Hey Quentin,

    I’m having some issues homing the Morgan. I’ve homed XYZ and when I issue the M360 to calibrate the arms the machine just sits there. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It won’t let me manually move the arms in either direction to move to theta 0 (parallel to the top plate). Here’s a video of what’s going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
Help-Desk