Setting up your PC for 3D printing can be daunting to the novice user. Here is a quick setup guide to help get you going.
- Install Simplify3D
- (coming soon) – During initial setup, select Morgan Pro or Morgan Mega from the list of machines available.
- The latest Morgan Profiles are always available here
Open Source alternative:
- Install a slicer: There are many good slicing software out there. I use Cura and Slic3r, with Cura 15.04 recommended for starting out – Note that the latest versions of Cura are made for Ultimaker only. Make sure to get the 15.04 version.
- Set up your printer settings: Cura Setup – Morgan Pro-2014-11-14_15.30.17
- Load the printing profile into Cura by going to the menu: File-> Open Profile. The settings are particularly important for the startup Gcode. Download here: Morgan_CuraSettings
- Although it is possible to print from Cura, I would recommend using a control interface like Pronterface: On the following link, scroll down for the link to the software for your operating system: https://github.com/kliment/Printrun
If you are using Windows as an operating system, chances are that you need a driver:
- (Commercial Morgans): For Smoothieware compatible boards (Smoothieboard, AZteeg X5, Speedyboard) please install the smoothieboard driver: http://smoothieware.org/windows-drivers
- For Arduino based electronics (RAMPS, etc) Please install the Arduino drivers recommended by the electronics supplier